Thursday, October 11, 2007
Moving on
Returning back to Malaysia this trip has meant getting used to the idea of "moving on". Things aren't just the same anymore. I do not expect them to be, but it will take time for me to adapt. Friends have all moved on - those who were studying are now working, those single are either now attached or married, some married, are unfortunately, now seperated. Family have moved on - grandma is no longer around, Ruhan is in the picture, dear pa and ma are going through yet another transition. The cycle of life never cease to amaze me. It's all becoming too real. I used to say I wish I could turn back time, to go back to school, to be a child again. Maybe I should just embrace the idea of being 24, of being a young adult, and be thankful that i don't have too much responsibilities as yet. It's just the matter of time though. I feel so grown up already. Time to play in the rain , never wanting to forget how it feels to be a kid again. I don't want to grow up.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
yo Su Fern, I know how u feel man... just not ready to grow up... but we already are... we just have to face life... sigh... be strong!!! =) missing u babe... Rosh & Amy's here d... awesome stuff... u should come visit!!! xoxo
Hi Sufern,
I know how you feel. Now, 29, and a baby in my life, I feel your sentiments even more. But amazing how we all adapt one way or another. Be strong, and don't ever "grow up". Our world clearly needs both youthful vigour, as well as youthful innocence, to mend the many problems imposed by "grown ups".
We miss you,
Kelly, Ethan, Max
ps. maybe we can see you in Malaysia in December (although we are going to be in Penang and not KL -- you're in KL right?)
Hey lovely,
One of the things I've learned in life is not to look to the past for better times. I know that what is happening now and what is coming will always contain the very best that God has to offer, thus rejoicing in the only time we have - the present. Interesting blog, aunty.
Love, Cherish
Post a Comment